Riverside House’s 2015 Christmas event for its clients was anything but typical. From our holiday hour prior to dinner to the toy giveaway, it was indeed a special evening!
The festivities began before the social hall opened with a “holiday hour” in which our clients were invited to spend time with their families in a designated space outdoors. We served appetizers, apple cider and hot chocolate.
When it was time for dinner, guests were treated to a delightful meal of chicken, pork, white rice, beans, mashed potatoes, bread, salad and pie. The evening was capped off when our staff passed out toys to the children in attendance. (can i buy zolpidem over the counter) Making the event even more special was the inspirational message that was shared by Carlos Martinez of the public defender office.
We’d like to thank the contributors who helped during the event. Without them, this event would not have been so special.
- Amigos for Kids – Donation of toys
- Brownsville Church of Christ – Volunteers
- Christ Fellowship – Donation of toys and welcome bags
- First United Methodist of Coral Gables – Donation of toys
- Public Defender Office, Carlos Martinez – Speaker and special guest
- Culinary Affairs Catering Service – Food
- Impact 22 Entertainment – DJ
- Gisela Hidalgo – Donation of desserts
We’re always looking for ways to make our events more special for our clients and their families. Please contact us if you’d like to make a contribution to our next event.